Get off your computer. Go outside and enjoy the early fall weather. For example, The National Portrait Gallery is open every day except Christmas Day, from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It is at 8th and F Street NW, by the Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro stop (Green, Red and Yellow lines).
Here are some more ideas for theater, galleries, restaurants, concerts. The earlier weekend listings, below, contain many events that are still running/current.
- Borderstan Weekend September 19/20
- 14th & U Farmers’ Market (Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Borderstan Weekend September 12/13
- DC Jewish Community Center (in Borderstan, check their listings)
- Borderstan Weekend September 5/6
- TICKETPLACE.org (discounted tickets)
- What’s On-Washington, DC (great calendar of events)