Borderstan: Ganymede Arts Festival Runs Through Sunday
The week-long, third annual GLBT Ganymede Arts Festival continues this week, running through Sunday–right in the heart of Borderstan. All festival performances are at Miss Pixies Backroom Palace (in the rear of the retail store) at 1626 14th Street NW (west side of 14th between Corcoran and R Streets NW). Ticket information is at the Ganymede website.
The mission of the Ganymede Festival is to “provide high-quality, professional theatre and art that fosters social and cultural awareness of and for the glbt [gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender] community.”
- Wednesday at 7 p.m. – “GLBT Stand Up Comedy Night” (Pay what you can donation)
- Thursday at 7 p.m. – “American Premeier Reading” by Australian GLBT playwright. (Pay what you can donation)
- Friday at 7 p.m. – “Rockin’ Women’s Night” with Hope Leigh Rollins and and Esmirelda. (Pay what you can donation)
- Saturday and Sunday – Featured theatrical event, “After the Garden – Edie Beale LIVE at Reno Sweeney.” Saturday show at 8 p.m.; Sunday shows at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Tickets are $25.
- There is also a post-festival event on Saturday, October 10, at Miss Pixies: “Catie Curtis Lives with Tom Goss.” Tickets are $25.