Here are recent crimes of note in Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208, 307 and 305 for the October 17-23 period in the Dupont Circle, U Street and Logan Circle areas. Crimes of note are stolen autos, burglaries and violent crimes such as robberies and assaults.
This week, nothing but robberies to report–four of them with guns.
- October 17, 2:30 a.m., Robbery-Fear, 17th & S Streets NW.
- October 17, 12:30 a.m., Robbery-Fear, 1800-block of 15th Street NW-Alley.
- October 17, 7:50 p.m., Robbery-Force & Violence, 1300-block of S Street NW.
- October 17, 7:20 p.m., Robbery-Gun, 11th and R Streets NW.
- October 17, 7:55 p.m., Robbery-Gun, 14th and S Streets NW.
- October 21, 6:30 p.m., Burglary-Specialty Store, 2000-block of Florida Avenue NW.
- October 21, 9:50 p.m., Robbery-Fear, 1500-block of Corcoran Street NW. “The complainant was waling in the block when two suspects walked towards her. One of the suspects stood behind her and the other suspect stated, ‘Give me your IPod.’ The complainant hesitated and one of the suspects hit her in the head and took the IPod. The suspects ran east on Corcoran Street. The suspects were described as black males; dark complexion; 20-30 years old; 5’7″ to 5”8″; no further description provided.”
- October 22, 10 p.m., Robbery with Gun, 1100-block of 11th Street NW.
- October 23, 7:48 p.m., Robbery with Gun, 12th Street and Florida Avenue NW.
- Daytime, Robbery-Force & Violence, 14th & Riggs NW. “While walking at the listed location, the complainant was on top of a parked vehicle while a B/M suspect held her mouth and demanded money. Fearing for her life, the complainant relinquished $60 in U.S. currency. The suspects made good his escape toward 14th and S St., N.W.”