There was another robbery near the 17th Street corridor, this time on Monday night around 9:30 p.m. The crime occurred on the 1600 block of P Street; details below the fold. This follows two robberies on Friday evening near this high foot-traffic area.
There was also a daytime robbery on the 1500 block of U Street NW on Sunday around 12:30 p.m. As we have noted before, these types of robberies happen on U Street and they seem to happen all too often during daytime hours.
Following are crimes of note–robberies, assaults, burglaries and stolen autos–that occurred between January 27 and February 1 in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area. We will have a roundup of official crime stats later in the week for the area.
- January 27, 7:55 p.m., Robbery-Force and Violence, 12th and O Streets NW. Three males.
- January 27, Robbery-Knife, 1100 block of M Street NW.
- January 31, 12:30 p.m., Robbery, 1500 block of U Street NW.
- February 1, 9:30 p.m., Robbery-Force & Violence, 1600 block of P Street NW: “The complainant was walking southbound [Note: it would have been east or west] in the block when two unknown subjects approached him from the rear and struck him with an unknown object. The complainant fell to the ground and the suspects stole $200 from him. The suspects ran in an unknown direction. The complainant was unable to provide a description of the suspects.”
- January 29, between 8 a.m. and 10:20 p.m., Burglary, 1300 block of 15th Street NW-Home.
- January 30, 4:12 a.m., Burglary, 1800 block of 20thStreet NW. “The reporting person stated that the suspect entered the establishment by breaking out the front window with a brick. Once inside the suspect stole three jugs containing U.S. Currency. He then fled north into the alley from N Street. The MPD responded and canvassed the area and located the suspect and arrested him. This is a closed case.” Note: This was the Safeway on 20th Street and donations for Haiti earthquake victims were stolen.
- Wednesday, January 27, 3 to 7 p.m., Stolen Auto, 1800 block of Swann Street NW.
- January 30, Stolen Auto, 2100 block of 14th Street NW-Parking Lot/Garage.