A quick round up of what’s open or closed… happening or postponed.
- Blizzard. As of 9 a.m., we are in a blizzard warning, which is way beyond a snow emergency. The wind gusts are very strong.
- Alert DC. Remember to sign up for alerts with Alert DC, which will give you updates on what’s happening with the DC Government and other important information for DC residents; you can have alerts sent to your email or cell phone.
- Government and schools closed. The DC Government and the Federal Government are both closed as are DC Public Schools.
- No mail. The Post Office will not be delivering mail today.
- Metro and Circulator. There is no Metrobus or Circulator bus service today. All above-ground Metrorail service is suspended; there is only limited underground rail service today.
- Snow Emergency. There is a snow emergency in effect in DC today. Do you need to move your car?
- No Trash Collection. There is no DC trash collection today.
- ANC 2B Meeting Postponed. Due to inclement weather, Dupont Circle Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2B’s meeting on February 10 has been postponed. ANC 2B hopes to reschedule the meeting for next Wednesday, but is not sure of the availability of a meeting room for that night. Check the Web site for more information.
- LCCA Meeting. The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) has moved its monthly membership meeting to Wednesday, February 17, from 7 to 9 p.m., at the Washington Plaza Hotel. (Their new Web site looks great.)
- Dupont Snowball Fight II. There is a follow up Dupont Circle Snowball Fight today, scheduled for 2 p.m. Hope the blizzard-like conditions let up.
- U Street Neighborhood Association. The U Street Neighborhood Association Meeting, which was scheduled for Thursday, February 11, has been postponed.