These posts are starting to write themselves. Here goes again, a quick round up of what’s open or closed… happening or postponed. If you have more information, please post it in the comments.
- Alert DC. Remember to sign up for alerts with Alert DC, which will give you updates on what’s happening with the DC Government and other important information for DC residents; you can have alerts sent to your email or cell phone.
- Snow Emergency. The snow emergency is still in effect in DC. Remember the rules about parking your car on certain streets.
- Government and schools closed. The DC Government and the Federal Government are both closed as are DC Public Schools.
- Mail? I haven’t heard yet whether the Post Office will deliver mail today.
- Metrobus and Metrorail. There is no Metrobus service again today. Once more, all above-ground Metrorail service is suspended; there is only limited underground rail service today; details at the Metro Web site. You can sign up for Metro’s eAlerts for updates on Metro service.
- Circulator Bus. DDoT is resuming limited Circulator bus service at 10 a.m. on two routes with longer than normal waits between buses. The two routes are Union Station-Georgetown and Woodley Park-Adams Morgan-McPherson Square Metro. (A detour is still in effect on the Georgetown-Union Station route with buses not operating on Wisconsin Avenue north of M Street. Georgetown is being served westbound on lower K Street and eastbound on M Street.) DDoT may add more buses and routes throughout the day, weather permitting. However, Circulator buses may also have to stop service early depending on conditions. Check out the Circulator Web site for more information. Get updates via Twitter at at http://www.twitter/DDOTDC.
- U Street Neighborhood Association. The U Street Neighborhood Association Meeting, which was scheduled for Thursday, February 11, has been postponed.