There has been a string of robberies on DC’s popular U Street corridor recently, with the crimes occurring at three different cross street locations: 12th, 13th and 14th Streets NW. Another robbery occurred just one block south of U Street on the 1900 block of 14th Street NW.
Two of these four robberies occurred last Friday night, February 12. None of these robberies wase during late-night hours; all were during times when the area would normally be busy with relatively large numbers of people on the street. A gun was used in one of the robberies, at 13th and U last Friday evening at 9:49 p.m. (There was also a gun robbery on the 1300 block of 11th Street last Friday evening.)
- Tuesday, February 9, Robbery, 7:30 p.m., 12th and U Streets NW, 2 males.
- Friday, February 12, 8:17 p.m., Robbery with Gun, 1300 block of 11th Street NW (between O and P Streets), 2 males, 1 wearing a ski mask.
- Friday, February 12, 9:49 p.m., Robbery with Gun, 13th and U Streets NW. 1 male with gun.
- Friday, February 12, 10:40 p.m., Robbery-Fear, 1900 block of 14th Street NW. 1 male.
- Monday, February 15, 6:53 p.m., Robbery, 14th and U Streets NW. 2 males.
- Monday, February 15, 2:54 p.m., Robbery-Pickpocket, 1400 block of S Street NW.
- Monday, Reported on February 8, Stolen Auto, 1400 block of Rhode Island Avenue NW.
- Thursday, Reported on February 4, Stolen Auto, 1400 block of S Street NW.