79°Mostly Cloudy

This Weekend in Borderstan: Exhibitions, Oscar Parties and More

by Borderstan.com — March 5, 2010 at 7:00 pm 0

ACKC Luis Gomez Photos Borderstan Logan Circle 14th Street NW

ACKC at 14th and Q NW has a Mimosa Brunch on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Luis Gomez Photos)

A few things to do this weekend in the the DupontLoganU Street area, including some places to hang for the Oscars on Sunday evening.

Friday, March 5

  • Salon des Resfuses: Photographs by M.V. Jantzen,” at go mama go! at 1809 14th Street NW.
  • “Mia Feuer: SUSPENDED LANDSCAPE”: “Suspended Landscape” opens this evening at Transformer Gallery, 1404 P Street NW with a reception from 4 to 8 p.m. with artist Mia Feuer.  The exhibit runs through April 17.

Saturday, March 6

  • “Next Stop Heaven” day course, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Vajrayogini Buddhist Center, 1803 Connecticut Avenue NW: “In general, transference of consciousness, or Powa, involves the mind leaving the body and going to a higher state through the force of meditation. However, Pathway to the Pure Land is a special practice where we can attain a Buddha’s Pure Land without abandoning this human body.” For more information, or to pre-register, please click here.
  • DCist Exposed: The fourth annual DCist Exposed photography show opens with a reception at Long View Gallery, 1234 9th Street NW, 6 to 9 p.m. The show runs March 6 to 21 with nearly 50 images by local photographers.

Sunday, March 7

  • Mimosa Brunch, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at ACKC D.C.
  • Red Carpet Oscar Party, 8 p.m. to midnight, Mova Lounge DC.
  • Maddy’s Oscars Viewing Party, 8 p.m, Maddy’s Bar and Grille, 1726 Connecticut Avenue NW.
  • Benefit Performances of The Vagina Monologues: V-Day DC is giving benefit performances this weekend of Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues at the Universalist National Memorial Church at 16th and S Streets NW. Tickets are $10 and are still available for the 3:30 and 7 p.m. shows on Sunday. Most of the funds raised, 90%, will go to Courtney’s House and their effort to open the first group home in DC for domestic sex trafficked girls between the ages of 12 and 17. The remaining 10% will go toward victims of sexual abuse and rape in the DRC.

Leave a Comment

* Required fields

×

Subscribe to our mailing list