Crimes of Note: Robberies Occur in the Morning, Too
The notable trend among crimes of note is that four of the seven robberies listed below occurred during the morning hours, between 5:31 and 10:41 a.m. Three of those four were in the Dupont part of the neighborhood, and four of the robberies involved two to three males. One of the robberies was committed with a gun, just after midnight on Saturday, on 15th Street NW.
Following are additional crimes of note–robberies, assaults, burglaries and stolen autos–that occurred February 18-22 in the Dupont – Logan – U Street area. The area is covered primarily by Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 and 307 with a small slice of the Borderstan area in PSA 305.
- Wednesday, March 3, 8:05 a.m., Robbery, 1900 block of 13th Street NW-Alley.
- Saturday, March 6, 12:02 a.m., Robbery with Gun, 1800 block of 15th Street NW. One male.
- Saturday, March 6, 12:05 a.m., Robbery, 1700 block of T Street NW.
- Saturday, March 6, 10:41 a.m., Robbery-Snatch, 18th and Q Streets. Two males.
- Sunday, March 7, 8:34 p.m., Robbery, 16th Street and Florida Avenue NW. Three males.
- Monday, March 8, 5:31 a.m., Robbery, 15th and Q Streets NW Two males.
- Monday, March 8, 6:16 a.m., Robbery, 17th and P Streets NW. Two males and a four-door silver sedan.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon (ADW)
- Friday, March 5, 9:32 p.m., ADW, 1500 block of P Street NW.
- Sunday, March 7, 10:30 a.m., ADW, 2000 block of 14th Street NW-Tavern/Nightclub.
- Sunday, March 7, 12:11 a.m., Stolen Auto, 1900 block of S Street NW-Parking Lot/Garage.