PSA 208 Meets Tonight
The monthly public meeting of Police Service Area (PSA) 208 is tonight at 7 p.m. at MPD Third District Headquarters at 1620 V Street NW (even though 208 is part of the Second District). The purpose of these meetings is for residents to meet members of the PSA who serve and patrol the neighborhood. Crime and public safety news about PSA 208 can be found on the Second Disrict listserv on Yahoo! Groups. In addition, you can access PSA 208 crime statistics on MPD’s crime database.
Each of the city’s seven MPD districts is divided into PSAs. Other PSAs serving the Borderstan area are PSA 307, which serves Logan Circle and western Shaw; and PSA 305, which serves the U Street area. Information related to these two PSAs can be found on the Third District listserv on Yahoo! Groups.
Crimes of Note
Following are additional crimes of note–robberies, assaults, burglaries and stolen autos–that occurred February 18-22 in the Dupont – Logan – U Street area. The area is covered primarily by Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 and 307 with a small slice of the Borderstan area in PSA 305.
- Monday, March 8, 5:25 a.m., Robbery, 1400 block of Q Street NW.
- Tuesday, March 9, 10 p.m., Robbery, 1700 block of Florida Avenue NW-restaurant.
- Friday, March 12, 7 p.m., Robbery, 1800 block of 18th Street NW-restaurant.
- Sunday, March 14, 3:20 a.m., Robbery, 14th and S Streets NW.
- Sunday, March 14, 7:45 p.m., Robbery, 17th and P Streets NW.
- Sunday, March 14, 7:46 p.m., Robbery, 1300 block of 15th Street NW.
- Monday, March 15, 11:41 p.m., Robbery with Gun, 1400 block of T Street NW.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon (ADW)
- Saturday, March 13, 2:30 a.m., Assault with Intent to Rob (Knife), 15th and S Streets NW. From MPD: “The victim reported that while walking in the area he was approached by an unknown suspect who brandished a knife and told him to give him his wallet and watch. The victim began to run and scream for help at passing cars. The suspect chased the victim in an attempt to stab him while grabbing at the his coat. The suspect is described as a Black/Male, 47 YOA, 5’4”-5’6”, 130-150 lbs., thinly built and also had slight facial hair. He has a medium complexion and was wearing a gray coat and black pants.”
- Sunday, March 14, 3:45 a.m., Assault with a Deadly Weapon, 1200 block of U Street NW.
- Monday, March 8, Stolen Auto, 18th and Q Streets NW.
- Wednesday, March 10, Stolen Auto, 1900 block of 14th Street NW.