A total of four robberies to report in the past week, with two of them on S Street, one on T Street and a fourth one on 16th Street NW between S and T Streets.
It’s springtime, people. This another reminder to not talk on your cell phone or listen to your iPod… while alone… on a quiet residential street… at night. Don’t do it.
Following are the crimes of note for the past week–robberies, assaults, burglaries and stolen autos–that occurred March 15-18 in the Dupont – Logan – U Street area. The area is covered primarily by Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 and 307 with a small slice of the Borderstan area in PSA 305.
- Tuesday, March 16, 8:15 p.m., Robbery, 1000 block of S Street NW-Alley.
- Tuesday, March 16, 11 p.m. Robbery, 1400 block of T Street NW, 2 males, 15 to 17 years of age: “The victims reported that while walking in the area, two suspects approached her and a friend from the front. After passing, they then demanded their property and appeared to be armed with handguns held inside their hands in their jackets. The suspects stated they were armed and told the victims not to move. One of the victims reached into their purse and gave the suspects her property. Both suspects then ran southbound in the alley.”
- Wednesday, 9:48 p.m., Robbery with Gun, 1600 Block of S Street NW: “2 Black Females wearing puffy hoodie jackets, blue jeans both armed with guns, last seen eastbound towards 16th Street.”
- Thursday, March 18, 4:41 p.m., Robbery pickpocket, 1840 16th Street NW (between S and T Streets).
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Monday, March 15, 1:42 a.m., Assault with a Deadly Weapon (ADW), 1200 block of 11th Street NW-Residence.
- Wednesday, March 17, 10:30 p.m., Assault with a Deadly Weapon (ADW), 1200 block of V Street NW.
- Monday, March 15, Stolen Auto, 16th and P Streets NW.