The notable trend in crimes during the past week continues to be stolen autos in and around the U Street corridor, including Florida Avenue and streets to the north.
Following are the crimes of note for the past week–robberies, assaults, burglaries and stolen autos–that occurred in the Dupont– Logan – U Street area. The area is covered primarily by Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 and 307 with a small slice of the Borderstan area in PSA 305.
- Wednesday, April 28, 7:50 pm, Robbery-Fear, 1700 block of Connecticut Avenue NW.
- Friday, April 30, 9:35 pm, Robbery, 1600 block of P Street NW.
- Friday, April 30, Robbery-Pickpocket, 2000 block of 13th Street NW.
- Saturday, May 1, 2:40 am, Robbery-Force & Violence: “The victim reported that while walking in the area, a suspect approached her from behind and knocked her to the ground. The suspect then took the victim’s purse and fled south on 15th St., N.W. Stolen from the victim were a pink purse, U.S. Currency, an I-phone and a debit card along with other personal items. The suspect is described as a Back/Male, 6’1”-6’2”, 170-180 lbs., wearing a black jacket and dark pants.”
- Between April 26 and April 28, Burglary, 2100 block of 15th Street NW.
- Saturday, May 1, 8 to 10:30 pm, Stolen Auto, 14th and U Streets NW.
- Saturday, May 1, 6:25 to 10:40 pm, Stolen Auto, 11th and W Streets NW.
- Saturday, May 1, 3:30 to 10:30 pm, Stolen Auto, 1200 block of V Street NW.
- Sunday, May 2, 1 to 3 am, Stolen Auto, 1400 block of T Street NW.
- Sunday, May 2, Stolen Auto, 11th Street and Florida Avenue NW.