Cultural Tourism DC’s WalkingTown and BikingTown summer events begin this weekend, May 22-23, and there are a number of events in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area.
Cultural Tourism DC promises that this weekend’s offerings will feature “over 100 free walking tours and 11 bike tours across all 8 wards in the city. Tours will be led by professional guides, community leaders and neighborhood residents who are volunteering their time and expertise to offer insights that make each tour uniquely interesting, informative and fun.”
Borderstan Area Tours
Be sure to go to Cultural Tourism DC’s website for complete information and details. Here is listing events in the neighborhood–and a few close by in Shaw and Adams Morgan.
- Saturday, 10 am to noon: Embassy Row: Families and Fortunes (Repeats Sunday, 11 am to 1 pm)
- Saturday, 10 am to noon: Tree Tour: Discover Massachusetts Ave., Union Station to Dupont Circle (Repeats Sunday, 1 to 3 pm)
- Saturday, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 11:30 am to 1:30 pm: Before Harlem, There Was U Street
- Saturday, 1 to 2:30 pm: Artist G. Byron Peck’s Shaw/U St. Mural Tour.
- Saturday, 1 to 3 pm: Historic Logan Circle (Repeats Sunday, 1 to 3 pm).
- Saturday, 2 to 3:30 pm: Vampire Dogs, Watergate Cake, and other Eccentricities of the Adams Morgan Heritage Trail
- Sunday, 10 am to 12:30 pm: Shaw: Where DC Comes Together, Part 1
- Sunday, 1 to 3:30 pm: Shaw: Where DC Comes Together, Part 2
Tours this Weekend
Links to this weekend’s tours from Cultural Capitalism.