The theme of this year’s pride celebration is “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet” and we will have post-parade photos on Sunday to see if the participants back up the theme. Borderstan has a separate listing, courtesy of Capital Pride 2010, of events in Borderstan (or very close by).
Get the full listing of weekend events at Capital Pride. Also, MetroWeekly has a very nice series of article on Pride in its Pride Guide section as well as a link to the parade route map. The parade kicks off at 6:30 pm on Saturday.
The list is below the fold.
Friday, June 11
- Women’s Concert and Dance with GOAPELE and BITCH featuring the pushovers and DJs vAnniety kills (aka LesbanAnnie) and DJ Kos, 9:30 Club (815 V Street NW). Doors 8pm, Show 8:30, Dance 11pm $30 Concert and Dance, $20 Dance only, 18+ Tickets www.930.com.
- 4th Annual Latino Pride at Sumner School (1201 17th Street NW) 6 to 9 pm. Free, produced by the Latino History Project.
- Congregational Pride Shabbat Dinner at Jewish Community Center, (16th St and Q Streets NW) 7 pm. Produced by Bet Mishpachah. The Official Capital Pride Shabbat Service follows at 8:30 pm.
Saturday, June 12
- 2010 Capital Pride Parade, “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet!” from Dupont to Thomas Circle with step-off at 6:30 pm.
- 2010 Capital Pride Closing Party:” Homo Erectus: An Evolution of Pride” at the Washington Hilton Hotel (1919 Connecticut NW). Tickets, $25 advance, $30 at the door. Sponsored by Capital Pride and Brightest Young Things.
- Volupalooza VIII at Whole Foods (1440 P Street NW), 11 am to 4 pm. Produced by Burgundy Crescent Volunteers.
- Youth in the City: Parade Afterparty at Whitman-Walker Clinic (1701 14th Street NW, 8 to 11 pm. Ages 13-21 only, ID required Produced by the DC You Know Different Coalition.
- 2010 Capital Pride Street Festival, Pennsylvania Avenue NW from 4th to 7th Streets, 11 am to 6 pm.
- Post-Festival Party at Cobalt (featuring DC Drew G) at Cobalt (1639 R Street NW), 6:30 pm, $5.