Among the crimes of note in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area in the past week is an unusual one: the arrest of five people for solicitation for prostitution. The arrest occurred early Saturday morning just past 2 am on the 2100 block of P Street NW; details are below. If you are not familiar with the area, this is an area with a hotels, clubs and bars straight west of Dupont Circle.
There were 12 reported robberies in the past week; four were committed with a gun and one with a knife. Geographically, four of the robberies were on Florida Avenue NW at 11th 12th, 13th and 16th Streets. An additional two robberies were on or near the U Street corridor. Rhode Island Avenue NW was the scene of a robbery and an assault.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Saturday, June 19, 6:15 pm, 1500 block of Rhode Island Avenue NW.
- Monday, June 21, 8:30 am to 3 pm, 1400 block of 17th Street NW-Residence.
- Wednesday, June 16, 6:50 pm, 1400 block of 11th Street NW-Pocketbook Snatch.
- Wednesday, June 16, 5:19 pm, 13th and Florida NW.
- Thursday, June 17, 11:22 pm, 12th and Rhode Island NW.
- Thursday, June 17, 11th and V Streets NW-with Gun.
- Thursday, June 17, 1100 block of Florida Avenue NW-with Gun.
- Saturday, June 19, 9 am, 1900 block of Q Street NW-Pocketbook Snatch.
- Sunday, June 20, 10:15 am, 1700 block of Vermont Avenue NW-with Knife.
- Sunday, June 20, 4:55 pm, 2000 block of 14th Street NW (U Street).
- Sunday, June 20, 16th and Florida NW.
- Tuesday, June 22, 5:28 pm, 1000 block of P Street NW-on bicycle with Gun.
- Tuesday, June 22, 1:36 pm, 12th and Florida NW.
- Tuesday, June 22, 1800 block of 10th Street NW-Armed Robbery.
Solicitation for Prostitution
- Saturday, June 19, 2:10 am: “On Saturday, June 19, 2010, at 2:10 a.m. several Solicitation for Prostitution offenses occurred in the 2100 block of P Street NW (PSA 208) and were subsequently reported to the MPD. The MPDC arrested 5 individuals in the area and charged them accordingly. These are closed cases.”
- Wednesday, June 16, 2000 block of 15th Street NW.
- Monday, June 21, 9 pm to 8 am, 1700 block of 17th Street NW.