PSA 208 Meets July 20, Plus Crimes of Note
PSA 208 Meets Tuesday
The June community meeting of Police Service Area (PSA) 208 is next Tuesday, July 20. Note that the June meeting is not at its regular location–it will be held at the Palladium, which is located at 1325 18th Street NW.
PSA 208 covers the Dupont Circle area as well as parts of Kalorama and the U Street NW area. For more information, contact Lt. Scott Dignan at [email protected]; he is the PSA 208 commander.
Crimes of Note
By the numbers… there were six reported robberies in the area last week, four of them committed with guns. The most notable robbery occurred on Tuesday at 3:06 pm at the very busy corner of 14th and P Street NW; no gun was involved.
Four of the six reported stolen autos were in the vicinity of the U Street corridor, with Friday and Saturday nights being the main target days.
Robberies, assaults, stolen autos and burglaries for the July 8-15 period are below the fold.
- Thursday, July 8, 6 pm, 1300 block of Wallach Place NW-Alley, with Gun.
- Saturday, July 10, 5:45 pm, 1600 block of Connecticut Avenue NW-store, with Gun.
- Saturday, July 10, 9:45 pm, 11th and T Streets NW, with Force & Violence.
- Monday, July 12, 5:55 pm, 1300 block of 10th Street NW-parking garage, with Gun.
- Tuesday, July 13, 3:06 pm, 14th and P Streets NW.
- Thursday, July 15, 1:58 pm, 1300 block of Florida Avenue NW-business. Two males with Gun.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Thursday, July 8, 1800 block of Vermont Avenue NW-Residence, with Knife.
- Sunday, July 11, 12:30 pm, Dupont Circle NW-sidewalk.
- Wednesday, July 14, 11:30 pm, 1600 block of R Street NW: “The victim reported that while walking in the area he was approached from behind by five suspects. When he turned to face the approaching suspects, one of them punched him in the face. No words were exchanged before or after the assault and the suspects fled through the 1600 blk. of 16th Street NW. The suspect who punched the victim is described as a Black/Male, 14-15 YOA, 5’8”-5’9”, with a thin build and light complexion. Suspects 2-5 were all described as Black/Males, 14-15 YOA, nothing further.”
- Thursday, July 8, 6:30 to 7:15 pm, 13th and W Streets NW.
- Friday, July 9, 6pm-6 am, 2100 block of 10th Street NW.
- Friday, July 9, 1 am-6 am, 10th and W Streets NW.
- Friday, July 9, 6:30 pm, 1300 block of 13th Street NW-alley.
- Saturday, July 10, 1300 block of W Street NW.
- Monday, July 12, 11 pm-3 am, 1300 block of R Street NW.
- Tuesday, July 13, 8:15 am-6pm, 1400 block of Florida Avenue NW-residence.
- Tuesday, July 13, 1600 block of U Street NW.