Beautiful summer weather is predicted for Saturday–a great day to live in the city and spend it outdoors. One option is Columbia Heights Day. This neighborhood festival to the north runs from 10 am to 6 pm at 11th and Kenyon Streets NW (Harriet Tubman Elementary School Field).
On foot, how far is 11th and Kenyon… from say… 14th and U? Google Maps says it is 1.1 miles–an easy walk or bike ride. It’s three blocks from Columbia Heights Metro–two blocks east and one block north.
What You’ll Find
The organizers of Columbia Heights Day are promising a multitude of activities, including bands, a cupcake-eating contest, a dog show and a King and Queen Contest.
- Bands on stage throughout the day.
- 80-plus businesses and community groups.
- Dog show at 10:30 am.
- A kids’ stage and a petting zoo.
- Taste of Columbia Heights with local eateries plus popular food trucks.
- Specials at restaurants and bars.
- Cupcake-eating contest.
- First-ever “DC State Fair” with prizes for best homemade pie or cupcake, homegrown tomato and more.
- A King and Queen of Columbia Heights competition (really?).