The hands-down crime of note from the past week was the Cheech & Chong moment that occurred around 10 o’clock on Tuesday night on the 1600 block of T Street NW. Or you might call this a Homer Simpson D’oh! moment. From the MPD Second District Police report:
On Tuesday, August 31, 2010, at 10:16 p.m. an UCSA Possession w/Intent to Distribute Marijuana offense occurred in the 1600 block of T St., N.W., (PSA 208) and was subsequently reported to the MPD. MPD members stopped a vehicle in the listed which had a large cloud of smoke coming from the passenger windows. The smoke had an odor consistent with that of Marijuana. During the stop and subsequent searched a quantity of marijuana was found. This case was closed with the arrest of two subjects.
Crimes of Note
Below is a quick list of robberies, assaults, stolen autos and burglaries in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area over the past week. Crimes are from police reports for Police Service Areas 208, 307 and 305.
- Saturday, August 28, 2:55 am, 2200 block of 10th Street NW.
- Monday, August 30, 2:15 pm, 1400 block of R Street-NW-Alley.
- Tuesday, August 31, 11:17 pm, 1100 block of U Street NW, with Gun.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Friday, August 27, 6:04 pm, Dupont Circle NW.
- Sunday, August 29, 3:50 am, 16th and New Hampshire NW.
- Tuesday, August 31, 6:15 am to 6:40 pm, 1400 block of Florida Avenue NW.
- Tuesday, August 31, 1500 block of 14th Street NW-Specialty Store.
- Wednesday, September 1, 6:45 to 7:45 pm, 1700 block of Riggs Place NW.
- Wednesday, September 1, 12:30 to 7:30 am, 1600 block of 15th Street NW.
- Friday, August 27, 6:20 am to 10:30 pm, 2000 block of 13th Street NW.
- Saturday, August 28, 11 pm to 12:30 am, 11th and Q Streets NW.