The Capital Bikeshare program kicked off Monday, September 20, replacing the SmartBike program. There will be a total 100 bike share stations in DC spread throughout the city’s eight wards–11 of them in the Dupont-Logan-U Street-Shaw area. The implementation period is August through November with about 30 new stations to be launched in September.
Status of Stations and Instructions
- The Bikeshare Station Map on at the DC Department of Transportation (DDOT) website is now up and shows stations that are operating.
- There is a also a great Bikeshare Google Map showing all of the planned 100 Bikeshare stations in DC and Arlington.
- There is also a Bikeshare instructional video on YouTube that explains how to use the system.
According to the DDOT Bikeshare Map, eight of the following 11 stations are up and running:
- Dupont Circle
- 2000 14th Street NW (at U)
- 1458 P Street NW (at 15th)
- 1404 Rhode Island Avenue NW (at 14th)
- 1401 R Street NW (at 14th)
- 2003 10th Street NW (at U)
- 700 T Street NW (at 7th)
- 1632 17th Street NW (at Corcoran)
- 1702 18th Street NW (at R)
- 1919 Florida Avenue NW (at 19th)
- 1944 New Hampshire Avenue NW (at intersection with U and 16th)