From Cecile Oreste at danceDC
First… Mid City Artists and the Arts District Branding Project will be hosting a Meet and Greet this Friday from 6pm to 8pm at Hounshell Real Estate/Gary Fisher Gallery at 1506 14th Street NW. Learn more about the branding project and meet some of the artists who will be opening up their studios this Saturday and Sunday.
Second, if you haven’t partaken of a Mid City Artists Open Studios weekend, it’s a great opportunity to discover artists in the neighborhood and take in the sites and sounds of the Dupont-Logan-U Street area.
You’ll have the chance to meet some great local artists, eight of which have previously been featured on Borderstan — check out the list below.
Download a Mid City Artists map with studio locations and hours for Nov. 6-7. Total of 18 studios will be open this weekend.
Mid City Artist Profiles
- French Artist Isabelle Spicer Finds Color in DC
- Robert Wiener: From Accounting to Art Glass
- Mid City Artist Mike Weber is California Dreamin’
- Thomas Drymon: Showing the Hand in His Paintings
- Joren Lindholm: “Between Abstract and Representation”
- Dave Peterson’s Brand Mixes Graphics, Captions, Materials
- Glenn Fry’s Silkscreens: From the Fed to the Real World House
- No Regrets: Betsy Karasik’s Transition from Lawyer to Painter
- Cole’s Metal Sculptures Part of Dupont-Logan Landscape