Recent crimes of note include a burglary that occurred yesterday on 21st St. NW between Q and R. MPD 2nd District Commander sent the following burglary warning:
On November 22 at about 10:00 am, a suspect forced his way into a home in the 1600 block of 21st Street NW. The suspect apparently gained entry through basement door and once inside, forced an occupant to give him money.
While inside the home, the suspect restrained the victim and placed him in another room, then proceeded to go through the rest of the home and search for valuables before leaving. The victim in this case was not seriously injured. The suspect was described as a black male, 30-37 years old, approximately 5’6″-5’9″, 140-150 lbs, and a dark complexion. Please continue to exercise caution by making sure front, side, and basement doors are locked. If you have an alarm, make sure to activate it. Lastly, please call 911 immediately to report any suspicious activity.
Below is a list of robberies, assaults, stolen autos and burglaries in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area over the past week. Crimes are from police reports for Police Service Areas 208, 307 and 305.
- Friday, Nov. 12, 12:42 pm, Pocketbook Snatch, 1500 block of 15th St. NW.
- Saturday, Nov. 13, with Force & Violence, 1300 block of P St. NW.
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 2:35 pm, Florida Ave. & R St. NW.
- Sunday, Nov. 14, 12:42 am, with Force & Violence, 1500 block of T St. NW.
- Monday, Nov. 15, 7:05 pm, 900 block of French St. NW.
- Friday, Nov. 19, Pocketbook Snatch, 1600 block of 14th St. NW.
- Sunday, Nov. 21, 10:45 pm, with Gun, 1100 block of 10th St. NW.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Friday, Nov. 19, 12th & T St. NW.
- Friday, Nov. 19, with Gun, 18th St. & Florida Ave.NW.
- Sunday, Nov. 21, 2100 block of P St. NW.
- Saturday, Nov. 20, 2:30 am, 1500 block of Q St. NW (Residence-Home)
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, Connecticut Ave. & S St. NW.
- Sunday, Nov. 14, 15th and U St. NW.
- Monday, Nov. 15, 1400 block of Rhode Island Ave. NW.
- Sunday, Nov. 21, 5 to 7:30 pm, 14th and W St. NW.
- Monday, Nov. 15, 1700 block of Massachusetts Ave. NW.
- Monday, Nov. 15, 1700 block of 14th St. NW.
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, 11:30 am to 3:30 pm, 1900 block of 17th St. NW.
- Friday, Nov. 19, 7:30 am to 3 pm,1200 block of N St. NW.
- Saturday, Nov. 20, noon to 11 pm, 1000 block of P St. NW.
- Monday, Nov. 22, 10 am, 1600 block of 21st St. NW.