Borderstan welcomed Alejandra Owens in April when she began writing about food and drink for us. She was already writing about food at her own site, One Bite At A Time, and were very very happy to snag her.
Since April, Alejandra has regularly contributed restaurant profiles of establishments in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area along with previews of local farmers’ markets and recipes. We’ve listed Alejandra’s 17 restaurant profiles below — just in case you missed one. Later this week we will run some of her recipes as well. Got a question for Alejandra? Send her an email.
About Alejandra in her own words: “I am a 20-something, Arizonan living just North of Dupont Circle. By day I’m a communications/public relations gal and by night I can either be found hunting for authentic Mexican food, working out or cooking at home. What can I say? After five years of living and eating in DC I discovered a passion for cooking (often trying to recreate my most favorite meals), perusing the farmers’ markets and making memories over delicious food.
“I chronicle my cooking and eating adventures at One Bite At A Time and am exploring my neighborhood through food here at Borderstan. Am I missing a great hole in the wall? Is there a must-have dish somewhere? Tell me! Let’s eat through the neighborhood together! Follow me on Twitter @frijolita.
Alejandra’s 2010 Restaurant Profiles
- Restaurants: What Does Alejandra Order at Hank’s?
- Eola on P St.: The Exotic Dishes Shine
- Profile: L’Enfant Cafe on 18th Street
- What is the DC Supper Club?
- Restaurant Profile: La Villa on 14th Street
- Profile: Bistrot Du Coin on Connecticut Avenue
- Restaurant Profile: Veritas Wine Bar
- Restaurant Profile: Birch & Barley on 14th
- Pig Out! Pig Roast at Bourbon Steak DC
- Scotch Slushees and Tapas: Alejandra at Estadio
- Restaurant Profile: Banana Leaves on Florida Avenue
- Profile: Filter Coffeehouse & Espresso Bar
- Restaurant Profile: Afterwords Cafe at Kramerbooks
- Restaurant Profile: Zorba’s Cafe, 20th Street NW
- Restaurant Profile: Dolcezza on Connecticut Avenue
- Restaurant Profile: Masa 14
- New Feature! Restaurant Profile: Café Salsa
- Agora: Turkish Restaurant Opens Friday at Former Jack’s Spot