Bar Pilar has long been a favorite neighborhood watering hole, but last week it got a boost of publicity. With plans to expand into the upstairs space, more Borderstanis will be able to belly-up to a table and enjoy Chef Justin Bittner‘s unpretentious and delicious fare.
I’m a big fan of the brussel sprouts and lamb, pork and veal meatballs – but with the menu changing weekly it’s hard to pick a favorite. Have you guys been to Bar Pilar? Excited for the expansion?
- Where Am I Going: 1833 14th Street (between S and T).
- When Am I Going: Monday through Friday 5 to 10pm.
- Paycheck Pain: The restaurant is small plate format so plates run $7 to $14. Two or three plates a person should have you feeling pretty good.
- Say What?: This is a fun, but not raucous environment and always comfortable. I’d say it’s the perfect place to gather with a group of friends.
- What You’ll Be Eating: Comfort foods, modern American, local veg and meats… you really aren’t going to be disappointed.