Reading the local crime reports on the MPD Second and Third District listservs is usually routine, especially after you’ve done it for a couple of years. But, on occassion something does jump out at you for any number of reasons. Here’s our pick from the previous week.
From MPD: “On Thursday, January 25, [sic] 2011, 10:55 pm a UCSA/PWID Marijuana offense occurred in the 1700 block of N St., N.W. (PSA 208) and was subsequently reported by the MPD. During a traffic stop resulting in an arrest a cyclist was found to be in possession of marijuana. He was charged accordingly. This is a closed case.”
The following is a list of robberies, assaults, stolen autos and burglaries in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area over the past week. Crimes are from police reports for Police Service Areas 208, 305 and 307.
** An arrest was made in the two January 28 robberies on the U Street corridor. From MPD’s Third District: “A lone subject committed two unarmed robberies near 9th and U Streets, Northwest. Third District Patrol Officers who were assigned to the area quickly jumped in to action and apprehended the suspect near where the offenses occurred. Due to the quick action of the officers a violent offender was arrested.”
- Wednesday, January 26, 1300 block of U Street NW (with gun).
- Friday, January 28, 1:50 pm, 17th and Corcoran NW (grocery/supermarket).
- Friday, January 28, 9:37 pm, 9th and U Streets NW (street). **
- Friday, January 28, 9:41 pm, U Street and Vermont Avenue NW (sidewalk). **
- Friday, January 28, 12:05 am, 2100 block of 11th Street NW (sidewalk).
- Saturday, January 29, 2:30 am, 1300 block of W Street NW (sidewalk).
- Sunday, January 30, 3:25 am, 1600 block of P Street NW (sidewalk).
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Thursday, January 27, 7:15 pm, 1300 block of S Street NW (residence).
- Tuesday, January 25, 8:45 am to 5:50 pm, 900 block of French Street NW (residence).
- Friday, January 28, 3:05 to 7:55 pm, 1500 block of 18th Street NW (office building).
- Friday, January 28, 10:15 am to 2 pm, 1700 block of Willard Street NW (residence).
- Saturday, January 29 to Sunday, January 30, 900 block of U Street NW (specialty store).
- Saturday, January 29, 12:30 to 11 am, 2000 block of P Street (restaurant).
- Sunday, January 23, 1 to 2:50 am, 1300 block of Wallach Place NW.
- Sunday, January 23, 1700 block of 13th Street NW.
- Monday, January 24, 7:45 to 8:15 am, 1800 block of 20th Street NW.