Okay. So maybe a rowdy crowd of 200+ 20- and 30-something dudes in Steelers jerseys and Cheeseheads aren’t your thing. I don’t blame you.
Watching a sporting event with a crowd does have its perks (Laura has done the legwork and found the best deals for you here) but staying at home for the game means no lines for the bathroom, ample supply of toilet paper and (this is why I’m here) better food.
I did all the research to bring you the best ideas for Super Bowl grub I could find from your DC Food Bloggers!
- ProTip: head to Vace Italian Deli for pre-made (and fabulous) pizza dough on Saturday so you’re already half way there! They also have a great selection of cheeses and meats to make game day even easier for you.
- Not really pizza but almost, Adventures of a Florida Girl in DC has a butternut squash, gruyere and mushroom tart made with frozen puff pastry.
- The Arugula Files takes a bushel of onions and makes pizza cipolla with it.
- Macheesemo is a wing lover: sticky wings, wings three ways…
- Vegan chili (see! something for everyone!) from The Passion Fruits.
- Green chili stew (not what you’re thinking if you’re from New Mexico) from Adventures in Shaw.
Ridiculously Bad For You (But Damn They Look Good)
- Endless Simmer has triple loaded potato skins on crack.
- My mother’s tacos are a huge hit across the Twitter tubes.
- Who doesn’t love a good taquito? Macheesmo sure does!
Dips, Dips and More Dips
- Endless Simmer has a Top Ten Dips list cultivated from their archives.
- Joe Yonan of the Washington Post Food section has a VERY interesting kimchi dip.
- Keep it simple with some tzatziki from Not Derby Pie.
- Adventures of a Florida Girl in DC has some supremely sausage-y sausage dip.
- The boys at The Bitten Word have buffalo chicken dip.
- Pizza Dip from My Baking Addiction (not a DC blogger but this one was too good to not list).
- Mmmm baba ganoush from Adventures in Shaw.
Are you guys ready? Have you chosen your team? Ready, set… eat your face off!