Laura’s Picks: Super Bowl Watching Spots in the Hood
From Laura Herman. You can follow Laura on Twitter@Lmhhabs.
Like it or not, this weekend is all about the Super Bowl. If you haven’t already made plans, here’s a roundup of Super Bowl watch parties and interesting specials in the Borderstan ‘hood. If you’re planning to watch at home or with friends, Alejandra’s recipe roundup will help you keep the snacks flowing.
Game Day Info
- Sunday, February 6 with kick-off at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Watch the game on FOX (25 on local Comcast) with halftime entertainment by Black Eyed Peas.
In the Dupont Area
- Lucky Bar: Breaking from their usual soccer game showings, the Super Bowl will be on on Lucky’s 22 TVs and two HD big screens. Food and drink specials include: 25-cent wings, $3 Yuenglings and Bud Light, $12 pitchers.
- The Front Page: For a quintessential fratty D.C. scene, head to The Front Page for game day specials including: $2 Bud Light drafts, $9 pitchers, $4 Captain Morgan, and $3 Smirnoff, plus $3 wing baskets.
- Buffalo Billards: Think of this as a win-win. In addition to lots of TVs, Buff Bill’s also offers games (billiards, shuffleboard, etc.) for the less-football-enthralled among us. Special Super Bowl food and drink specials.
- Bar Dupont: For a slightly classier scene, check out the Super Bowl tailgate and viewing party on Bar Dupont’s outdoor terrace. The game will also be on inside, where you can find food and drink specials.
- Maddy’s: If you want to stay North of the circle, check out “Sunday Funday” at Maddy’s where happy hour specials will go all night, including: $2 draft beers, $4 rails, and $7 tacos, sliders, flatbreads and baskets.
Around the 14th & U Corridor
- Cafe Saint-Ex: In a nod to the Packers and the Steelers, Cafe Saint-Ex will offer beers from each of the teams’ hometowns — Leinenkugel from Green Bay and Iron City Light from Pittsburgh — as well as all-night food and drink specials. Snacks like chicken confit tater tots and escargot and goat cheese poppers may make me reconsider my plans to chill at a friend’s.
- Stetsons: My go-to local spot, Stetsons will be slinging 25-cent wings, pulled-pork sandwiches, and happy-hour drink prices for the game: $3.50 rail drinks, $3.50 Miller Lite drafts and $3 PBR cans.
- Nellie’s Sports Bar: Just like every Sunday, Nellie’s will offer their $2 “Beer Blast” special from 3 to 8 pm.
- Duffy’s Irish Pub: Definitely the hottest Super Bowl ticket in the ‘hood. Duffy’s is offering a reservation-only $10 per-person event that includes all-you-can-eat wings and a hot dog buffet during the first half of the game, plus all-night drink specials.