Do you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but can’t stand the thought of another drinks/dinner/movie “date” night? Do you give chocolate every single year? You give flowers all the time?
Late addition: A Valentine’s Day reception at gallery plan b with exhibition artists Paula Amt and Rod Glober and “The sounds of the Belgian Wonder… Genevieve Leloup and her accordion” from 6 to 8 pm. Location is 1530 14th Street NW.
Borderstan to the rescue! Our contributors have pulled together some off-beat options that might take you out of the neighborhood but are sure to deliver in the “new” and “different” categories!
Get Zen Together
Yoga classes for couples and singles might be just the ticket if you enjoy the idea of breaking a sweat and gettin’ stretchy together:
- 2-hour partner yoga at Tranquil Space, 1632 17th Street NW, Saturday the 12th, 3 to 5 pm; $30-$35 for individuals, $50-$55 for couples.
- Single OR partner yoga class at Yoga District in Dupont, 1910 14th Street NW. It ends with chocolate! From 3 to 5 pm Saturday the 12th. $20 suggested donation.
Cut a Rug Together
Joy of Motion Dance Center (1333 H Street NW and two other locations) has a special Valentine’s Day offer for social dance classes. Buy one class, get the second one half off. The next session of social dance starts on Valentine’s Day.
Animal Love is the Best Love
Bringing an animal into your life is no joke and not to be taken lightly, but let’s say you’re ready to make that leap:
- Washington Animal Rescue League hosts Catapalooza, a mega kitty adoption event, Saturday, February 12 from noon to 3 pm. Location is WARL’s headquarters at 71 Oglethorpe Street NW.
- Whole Foods at 1440 P Street NW hosts an adoption event for the Washington Humane Society on Saturday the 12th from noon to 3 pm.
- And for the new four-legged love in your life, head over to Doggie Style Bakery at 1825 18th Street NW and pick up some heart-shaped dog treats for $2 each.
Keep It Simple, Silly
No frills, just pure love?
- Pulp at 1803 14th Street NW has a great selection of unique Valentine’s Day cards plus some great gift ideas.
- Home Rule at 1807 14th Street NW is always a good bet for a nice item for the home or kitchen.
- Flowers on Fourteenth (1712 14th Street NW) will have extended hours this weekend and a huge supply of great floral gifts from roses to orchids.
- Any CVS Drugstore will do if you are in a last-minute panic buying mode! Chocolates and more!
What’s your plan to do-it-different this year?