The following is a list of robberies, assaults, sex crimes, drug crimes, stolen autos and burglaries in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area over the past week.
Crimes are from police reports for Police Service Areas (PSA) 208 (Dupont-Kalorama), 305 (includes U Street area) and 307 (Logan Circle).
- Wednesday, March 16, 1:25 am, 1700 block of 18th Street NW (street).
- Wednesday, March 16, 1:29 am, 1700 block of N Street NW, robbery with gun.
- Thursday, March 17, 9:30 pm, Dupont Circle NW (sidewalk).
- Friday, March 18, 9:03 pm, 1800 block of 14th Street NW, robbery-snatch (restaurant).
- Sunday, March 20, 3:46 am, 1300 block of 7th Street NW, shooting.
- Sunday, March 20, 5 pm, 2100 block of 14th Street NW (alley).
- Sunday, March 20, 9:29 am, 1100 block of Rhode Island Avenue NW: “3D is working a robbery gun which occurred in the 1100 block of Rhode Island Ave NW. Lookout for B/M, 5-09, 130 lbs., wearing all black clothing and armed with a handgun.”
- Sunday, March 20, 5:39 pm, 17th and P Streets NW.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Friday, March 18, 2 am, 1300 block of Connecticut Avenue NW (sidewalk)
- Saturday, March 19, 1400 block of U Street NW, 12:42 am: “Witnesses reported that the victim was attempting to enter the gas pump area which was blocked by five subjects. He tooted his horn and one of the subjects responded by slamming his palm against the side of the victim’s vehicle. When the victim approached the subject and asked why he did that, the suspect struck the victim with his fists about his facial area causing him to fall to the ground. By-standers came to the aid of the victim and the suspect fled in a tan colored auto.”
- Saturday, March 19, 2 am, 2100 block of P Street NW: “A witness observed a subject push an intoxicated male subject off the sidewalk and into the street. Once on the ground, the suspect kicked the victim about the facial area. The suspect then fled the area in a yellow colored auto. He is described as a Black/Male, unknown age, 5’11”, with a black dread hair style, and a thin build. He was last seen wearing blue pants.”
- Wednesday, March 16 to Thursday, March 17, 1200 block of 19th Street NW (restaurant).
- Thursday, March 17 to Friday, March 18, 2000 block of Florida Avenue NW (restaurant).
- Wednesday, March 16 to Thursday, March 17, 1000 block of V Street NW.
- Saturday, March 19, 12:42 to 12:59 am, 1400 block of U Street NW: “The victim reported that while helping an assault victim roughly fifteen feet away from where he had been pumping gas into his auto, an unknown suspect was observed driving away in his car. The vehicle is described as a 2000 Chevy Corvette, Silver in color, with MD registration 2FWP12. The suspect is described as a Black/Male, 20-30 YOA. The vehicle was located unoccupied, a short while later using a GPS locator, and returned to the owner.”