Weekend: Photograph 51 Running at Theater J
There are performances at three of the five theaters in the neighborhood this weekend:
- Photograph 51 opened Wednesday night at Theater J, 16th and Q NW: “A funny and moving retelling of the unrequited life of Rosalind Franklin, one of the great female scientists of the 20th Century, and her fervid drive to map the contours of the DNA molecule.” Thursday night is Pay-What-You-Can and tickets on Saturday and Sunday are $30.
- At the Lincoln Theatre, 1215 U Street NW: “Rhythms of Azerbaijan: Natig Rhythm Group & The Rast Group” runs March 24 to 28. Showtime is 7 pm.
- At the Studio Theatre, 1501 14th Street NW: Penelope runs through April 3. Tuesday through Saturday at 7:30 pm, Sunday at 2:30 and 7:30 pm.
- The Theater J performance of The Chosen is showing at Arena Stage, 1101 6th Street NW (instead of at the theater company’s regular venue at 16th and Q NW). The Chosen closes this Sunday.
- See what’s opening next at the Keegan Theatre at Church Street and at the Source on 14th Street.
Full details on live theater in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area are below the fold.
|Keegan Theatre at Church Street
1742 Church Street NW
|World premiere musical: National Pastime by Tony Sportiello & Al Tapper. Opens April 9 and runs through May 15.|
1215 U Street NW
|“Rhythms of Azerbaijan: Natig Rhythm Group & The Rast Group” runs March 24 to 28. Showtime is 7 pm.|
1835 14th Street NW
|Me Too, I Am Catherine Deneuve on April 22 and April 23 at 8 pm|
1501 14th Street NW
|Penelope runs through April 3. Tuesday through Saturday at 7:30 pm, Sunday at 2:30 and 7:30 pm.|
1529 16th St. NW
|Photograph 51runs through April 24. Check for showtimes.The Chosen runs through March 27. Performances are at Arena Stage, 1101 6th Street SW.