Here is the crime of the week:
Wednesday, May 11, 9 pm, 1900 block of 14th Street NW: “A Threats to do Bodily Harm… The victim reported that an angry customer threatened to kill him because he was dissatisfied with food that was sold to his girlfriend. The suspect is described as a Black/Male, 20 YOA, 5’10”, 160 lbs. with brown eyes and short black hair. He has a dark complexion, a medium build and a full beard. He was last seen wearing blue pants.”
Second place goes to incident in which a cell phone was stolen from the patron of a sidewalk cafe on 17th Street:
Wednesday, May 11, 9:57 pm, 1500 block of 17th Street NW (restaurant): “A Robbery/Snatch offense occurred in the 1500 block of 17th St., N.W. (PSA 208) and was subsequently reported to the MPD. The victim reported that while eating in the outdoor seating area of an establishment, an unknown subject approached and snatched his cell phone from the table directly in front of him while his hand was over the phone. The suspect is described as a Black/Male, 23-25 YOA, 5’5″-5’7″, with black hair cut in a crew style, a medium complexion and medium build. He was last seen wearing blue pants and a brown shirt.”
Here are the rest of the crimes of note from the past week. The following is a list of robberies, assaults, sex crimes, drug crimes, stolen autos and burglaries in the Dupont Circle, Logan Circle and U Streetneighborhoods. Crimes are from police reports for Police Service Areas (PSAs) 208 (Dupont-Kalorama), 305 (includes U Street area) and 307 (Logan Circle).
- Friday, May 13, 9:50 pm, 1500 block of Connecticut Avenue NW.
- Friday, May 13, 1:05 am, 17th and P Street NW (sidewalk).
- Monday, May 16, 8:28 pm, 17th and Q Streets NW (restaurant).
- Monday, May 16, 8:15 pm, 2100 block of 11th Street NW (sidewalk).
- Monday, May 16, 9:41pm, 15th and W Streets NW (with gun).
- Tuesday, May 17, 11:14 pm, 2000 block of 9th Street NW (with gun).
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Thursday, May 12, 12:25 am, 2000 block of 14th Street NW (nightclub).
- Friday, May 13, 9:05 am to 6:30 pm, 1900 block of 17th Street NW (residence).
- Tuesday, May 10, to Wednesday May 11, 1300 block of Rhode Island Avenue NW.
- Friday, May 13, 1700 block of Swann Street NW.