If you haven’t partaken of a Mid City Artists Open Studios weekend, it’s a great opportunity to discover artists in the neighborhood. You’ll have the chance to meet some great local artists, 13 of which have previously been featured on Borderstan — check out the list below.
Download a Mid City Artists map with studio locations and hours for May 21-22. A total of 28 studios (at 21 locations) are open this weekend; the artists also host a fall weekend session.
Profiles of Mid City Artists
Check out the 13 profiles of Mid City artists by Cecile Oreste.
- Gary Fisher: Art Changed My Life
- Mark Parascandola: Abandoned Architecture
- Shaw Artist Chuck Baxter: Trash to Treasure
- The Inspiration of Dupont’s Ryan Epp
- French Artist Isabelle Spicer Finds Color in DC
- Robert Wiener: From Accounting to Art Glass
- Mid City Artist Mike Weber is California Dreamin’
- Thomas Drymon: Showing the Hand in His Paintings
- Joren Lindholm: “Between Abstract and Representation”
- Dave Peterson’s Brand Mixes Graphics, Captions, Materials
- Glenn Fry’s Silkscreens: From the Fed to the Real World House
- No Regrets: Betsy Karasik’s Transition from Lawyer to Painter
- Cole’s Metal Sculptures Part of Dupont-Logan Landscape