From Luis Gomez
See the slide show of photos from Open Studios on May 21-22.
A total of 28 artists in the Dupont-Logan area opened their studios last Saturday and Sunday to the public. All are members of Mid City Artists, which holds spring and fall Open Studios. If you missed last weekend, there will be another Open Studios this fall.
Check out the 13 profiles of Mid City artists by Borderstan’s Cecile Oreste.
- Gary Fisher: Art Changed My Life
- Mark Parascandola: Abandoned Architecture
- Shaw Artist Chuck Baxter: Trash to Treasure
- The Inspiration of Dupont’s Ryan Epp
- French Artist Isabelle Spicer Finds Color in DC
- Robert Wiener: From Accounting to Art Glass
- Mid City Artist Mike Weber is California Dreamin’
- Thomas Drymon: Showing the Hand in His Paintings
- Joren Lindholm: “Between Abstract and Representation”
- Dave Peterson’s Brand Mixes Graphics, Captions, Materials
- Glenn Fry’s Silkscreens: From the Fed to the Real World House
- No Regrets: Betsy Karasik’s Transition from Lawyer to Painter
- Cole’s Metal Sculptures Part of Dupont-Logan Landscape