4th of July Weekend: Guide to National Mall Events
- The website-calendar, What’s On Washington, has a regularly updated listing of events in the D.C. area.
- Check out the July 4th roundup at washingtonian.com… and the Going Out Gurus at The Washington Post have a great map of places to watch the fireworks on the National Mall on Monday night… the Smithsonian Folk Life Festival, an annual event, is happening on the National Mall.
- Road closures: Lots of them downtown and around the National Mall–but not in the Borderstan area. DC Department of Transportation put out its list of road closures for this weekend.
- Events on the National Mall. The National Park Service has a listing. If you want to go for the festivities, check the the list.
- The official Parade is Monday, July 4, beginning at 11:45 a.m. It goes westward on Constitution Avenue NW from 7th to 17th Street.
- There are concerts on the Capitol grounds and at the Washington Monument.
- There are fireworks on the National Mall. They begin at 9:10 pm on Sunday night, and the launch site is the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool (yes, the pool is currently under repairs).