Despite what Florence and the Machine has to say, the dog days of August aren’t over. They’re actually coming up this weekend.
This week’s weekend picks is dedicated to the 12th Annual MidCity Dog Days Sidewalk Sale, everyone’s favorite annual sidewalk festival — and it’s happening all weekend right here in Borderstan, August 6 – 7.
Stop by the 14th and U Street corridor (and surrounding area) to catch great deals at your favorite stores and restaurants. Here are some that look really good:
- $5 Off Cover for 10pm & 11pm shows at Twins Jazz Club (1344 U Street NW)
- 15% off of 3,5,10 or 20 class passes at Flow Yoga Center (1450 P Street NW), each good for three months, by using the online promotion code dogdays during the MidCity Dog Days (August 6 and 7).
- 10% off your meal at DC Noodles (1412 U Street NW) or Rice (1608 14th Street NW) when you show a receipt from purchases made during Dog Days at MidCity retailers.
- 20% off of Miss Pixie’s (1626 14th Street NW) entire inventory. They’ll be open from 10am to 7 pm for Dog Days!
- 50% off on selected items including handbags, wallets, jewelry, lingerie, briefcases and more at Habitat (1512 U Street NW).
- Cork Wine Bar (1720 14th Street NW) is opening early to keep you going all day long, starting at 2 pm on Saturday and 11 am on Sunday.
You can also find a full list of participants and promos for Dog Days.
Studio Theatre Garage Sale
While you’re wandering around in the heat, shopping and eating, be sure to stop by Studio Theater’s Annual Garage Sale on Saturday, August 6, from 10 am to 5 pm. They’ll be selling furniture, costumes, props and other items from all of their 2010-2011 season shows plus some earlier productions. It promises to be a good time and you’ll get to browse some funky stuff (Venus in Fur props, anyone?). More info here.
CAUTION Debuts August 11 at Bourbon
And a PSA for next week! CAUTION, DC’s hottest new mashup and moombahton dance party/rager brought to you by the Ridgewood Social Club and DJ Basscamp, will be debuting at Bourbon (2321 18 Street NW) in Adams Morgan next Thursday, August 11. Ridgewood Social Club will have everyone grooving to freshly brewed mashups of your favorite party anthems while DJ Basscamp will be banging out DC’s finest moombahton and electro. Mark your calendars now.
What are you up to this weekend, Borderstanis? What are we missing? Until next week, have fun out there.