DC Beer Week: Bigger and Better
From Alejandra Owens. You can find her on Twitter at @frijolita and her food blog One Bite At A Time.
DC Beer Week is upon us once again, and this year it’s bigger and better than last year. It starts this Sunday the 14th and runs through the 20th.
Last year I attended the Brooklyn Brewery event at Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe where they paired beers of all sorts with cheeses. Not only was everything delicious, but it was out of the norm for food or wine events I usually attend.
Despite being a wine and liquor drinker, the beers actually piqued my interest. Over the last year I’ve sought out more and more beers to try and it has me looking forward to a few Beer Week events this year!
I love that more Borderstan bars and restaurants are participating this year (even Larry’s Lounge!). There are multiple events a night which means you can hop (beer pun, sorry, had to!) around the neighborhood for a night (or five) of fun!
So, Borderstanis, where will you be for DC Beer Week?
Sunday, August 14
- Noon – Pizza Paradiso hosts “It’s Summertime in Allagashington DC”
- 2 pm – Churchkey hosts Great Lakes Cask Debut
Monday, August 15
- 5 pm – Busboy and Poets hosts Long Trail Tap Takeover
- 7:oo pm – Birch & Barley hosts a Founders Beer Dinner with Co-Founder Dave Engbers
- 7 pm – Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe hosts 2nd Annual Brooklyn Brawl
- 7:30 pm – Bread & Brew hosts Beer 101 with Flying Dog Brewery
Tuesday, August 16
- 4 pm – Churchkey hosts Heavy Seas Wood Cask Night
- 6 pm – Pizza Paradiso hosts Victory Tap Takeover and Brewer/Owner Meet and Greet
- 6 pm – Jack Rose hosts Rye Beer and Spirits with Jack Rose and 3 Stars Brewing
- 7 pm – Bread & Brew hosts All About Brews Trivia Night
Wednesday, August 17
- 6 pm – Churchkey hosts Schmaltz Rare and Obscure Night
- 6:30 pm – American Ice Company hosts Michigan Night
Thursday, August 18
- 11:30 am – Pizzeria Paradiso and 21st Amendment host an Ode to the Watermelon
- 4 pm – Bread & Brew host Doggy Yappy Hour with Canine Rescue
- 5 pm – Maddy’s Bar hosts Long Trail Tap Takeover
- 5 pm – ChurchKey hosts Elysian Tap Takeover
- 5 pm – Jack Rose hosts 21st Amendment’s Throws “Yes, You Can”
- 6 pm – Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe hosts 3 Stars Brewing Hosts Multiple Sensory Tasting Experience
- 6 pm – Larry’s Lounge Hosts Widmer Bros.
Friday, August 19
- 5 pm – DC9 hosts Widmer Bros. and DC Brau Collaboration Event
- 6 pm – Larry’s Lounge Hosts Starr Hill Happy Hour
Saturday, August 20
- 7:30 pm – Bread & Brew hosts Vegan Beer Dinner