Check out photos and wrap up from the 2010 17th Street Festival. Borderstan.com is proud to be one of the Festival sponsors again this year. Check out the entire list of 2011 Festival sponsors at the event website.
The entertainment lineup for the 2nd Annual 17th Street Festival on September 24 will feature well-known and local performers, including recording artist Inaya Day, cabaret singer and comic Sherry Vine, DJs Shea Van Horn and Bil Todd, and a drag show featuring performers from Drag City:DC. The Festival will run from 2 to 6 pm on the 17th Street NW corridor — along 17th Street between P and Riggs and on R Street between 17th and New Hampshire Avenue NW.
Our entertainment this year will be amazing,” said Stephen Rutgers, Festival co-chair. “We couldn’t have hoped for a better lineup. There’s something for everyone from children to retirees and everyone in between.”
The Lineup on Stage
- 2 pm: Deb Felz Band
- 2:20 pm: VIDA Fitness – ZUMBA
- 2:35 pm: Sherry Vine
- 2:45 pm: Eric Scott & Company Dance Crew
- 3:20 pm: The Silver Liners
- 3:55 pm: Drag City:DC
- 4:15 pm: Raw with DJs Shea Van Horn and Bil Todd
- 5:00 pm: Recording artist Inaya Day
The stage this year is centered at 17th and Corcoran Streets NW, near Safeway. Performance times are subject to change.
Additional events at this year’s Festival include:
- Local artists will display their works, which will be for sale.
- JR’s Bar & Grill will celebrate its 25th Anniversary by bringing back last year’s popular beer garden at 17th and Church Streets. There is a $5 cover to enter the beer garden, with the proceeds benefiting the Festival.
- Ross Elementary PTA and the DC Jewish Community Center will sponsor the Kids’ Zone, which will be held in front of Ross School on the 1700 block of R Street NW.
- The Pet Zone will be located between R Street NW and Riggs Place NW. In addition to other activities, MPD will be doing a K9 demonstration.