Weekend Crime Report: Are You Paying Attention?
Pay attention to your surroundings and your behavior when you are out and about on the streets — especially on weekends. The weekends are prime time for criminals. Lots of visitors from the suburbs and other neighborhoods visit the Borderstan area. This means extra people on the street with credit cards and cash (with “beverages” thrown into the mix), which equals opportunity for robbers.
Yes, this is a “safe neighborhood.” It’s also the downtown area of a big city. Pay attention.
Following are major crimes from the past weekend in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area as reported by the DC Police.
ADW = Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Friday, October 14
- ADW, 2:50 am, 1900 block of 19th Street NW (street)
- ADW, 2:50 am, 14th and Corcoran Streets NW (sidewalk)
- Robbery, 5 pm, 800 block of T Street NW (sidewalk).
- Robbery, 12:30 am, 1600 block of S Street NW (sidewalk)
Saturday, October 15
- ADW, 8:20 pm, 1300 block of U Street NW (street)
- ADW, 11:09 pm, 2100 block of P Street NW (nightclub)
- Robbery, 2:58 am, 2000 block of 10th Street NW (government building)
- Robbery, 10:22 pm, Connecticut Avenue and N Street NW (sidewalk)
- Robbery, 9:40 pm, 1500 block of U Street NW (sidewalk)
- Stolen Auto, 9:20 pm, 1300 block of 11th Street NW (street)
Sunday, October 16
- Burglary, 2 to 7 pm, 2200 block of 11th Street NW (residence)
- Burglary, 2 to 2:30 pm, 1100 block of W Street NW (residence)
- Robbery, 2 am, 1800 block of 7th Street NW (sidewalk)
- Robbery, noon, 2000 block of New Hampshire Avenue NW (sidewalk)
- Robbery, 9:20 pm, 1100 block of V Street NW (restaurant)