Pay attention to your surroundings and your behavior when you are out and about on the streets — especially on weekends.
The weekends are prime time for criminals. Lots of visitors from the suburbs and other neighborhoods visit the Borderstan area. This means extra people on the street with credit cards and cash (with “beverages” thrown into the mix), which equals opportunity for robbers.
Yes, this is a “safe neighborhood.” It’s also the downtown area of a big city. Pay attention. Also, remember to educate your visitors to the neighborhood about thefts from autos.
Following are major crimes from the past weekend in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area as reported by the DC Police.
Friday, October 28
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon, 10 pm, 2000 block of 14th Street NW (tavern)
- Burglary, October 26-28, 2200 block of 12th Place NW (residence)
Saturday, October 29
- Robbery, 6:11 am, 1900 block of 11th Street NW (sidewalk)
- Robbery, 11 pm, 1200 block of Florida Avenue NW (sidewalk)
- Stolen Auto, 2:49 am, 1500 block of 12th Street NW (street)
Sunday, October 30
- Burglary, 4:10 pm, 1300 block of 12th Street NW (residence)
- Robbery, 12:30 am, 1300 block of W Street NW (sidewalk)
- Robbery, 4:30 am, 1200 block of U Street NW (sidewalk)
- Stolen Auto, 12:30 am, 12th and W Streets NW (street)
- Stolen Auto, 10:30 am, 13th and S Streets NW (street).
- Stolen Auto, 1700 block of T Street NW (street)