Happy Holidays, Borderstanis! Hope you’re keeping warm in your stylish outerwear. The gift-giving season is upon us, and if you’re anything like me, you’re probably waiting till the absolute last minute to buy something for that special guy(s) in your life.
Also, since we’re still in a fairly rocky economy, I bet you’re hoping to not break your figurative bank. And frankly, with holiday parties and work that should be slowing down but isn’t, who has the time anymore to browse and deal with the rest of the indecisive shoppers?
Six Gifts for Under $100
Well, have no fear. Here are six wonderful gifts, for under $100, I know I would love to receive (I never said I wasn’t shameless):
(1) The red and black Lodge Shirt from Life After Denim, around $85. It’s slim enough to layer yet will keep you warm in the remaining winter months. Urban Outfitters should have it. I bought mine at Universal Gear on 14th Street.
(2) The grey jaspe 520 Taper Pants by Levi’s for $68. Slightly dressier than denim but not as stuffy as slacks. I suggest buying a size or two smaller than you’d normally wear.
(3) The black Skymra Puffers from Tretorn, $80. They’re like down jackets for your feet. Comfortable and ideal for that crazy DC weather.
(4) The Time Teller Canvas by Nixon, $60. In this day and age of smart phones, watches are more form than function, right? Well, you can’t go wrong with this chic (and cruelty-free) wrist watch. Perfect for Vegans.
(5) Mended Gloves from Gant by Michael Bastian, $69 marked down from $89. These little, finger-less treasures are perfect for winter and social media friendly to boot!
(6) The Hill-Side Selvedge Pocket Square available at J.Crew, $44. This little number combines the best of both worlds as pocket squares are my favorite accessory and jeans, my favorite article of clothing.
See, now your holiday shopping is halfway over. Have another glass of eggnog and relax. Safe travels to those of you heading home to see your families.
Talk to you next year!