It’s almost 2012, Borderstanis. To help you get ready for the weekend, here are some tips from Laura, Stephanie, Alejandra and Ashley on where to go, what to cook, what to drink and how to cure a hangover.
- Eating, Drinking, Dancing: New Year’s Eve Options in Borderstan from Laura Herman: What to do on the 31st? Laura has picks in Dupont-Logan-U Street.
- What to Make for New Year’s Eve? Easy Recipes Roundup from Stephanie Willis: Appetizers and desserts (bacon options included).
- New Year’s: Alejandra’s Complete Guide to Gettin’ All Liquored Up from Alejandra Owens: Punch cocktails, favorite cocktails, wine and champagne: tips and recipes.
- New Year’s is Coming: Cures for the Common Hangover from Ashley Lusk: Get the right nutrients to make everything feel better. Or there’s always the Hair of the Dog remedy.
Safety first: Don’t drink and drive. Ever. Have a designated driver, call a cab, make some kind of arrangements. If you find yourself without cash during the holiday season, you can get a free cab ride (up to $30) and the program is already running: Be Safe: Free Taxi Rides Available During Holidays. Call 800-202-8294 or #8294 of you are an AT&T wireless customer.
The Perfect Outfit
And for those Bordertan women still looking for the perfect outfit, here is some advice from Kate, Laura and Eliza.
- LBD Always Okay; Color, Lace, Patterns Make You Fashion Forward from Kate Hays: Local boutique options: What’s in style for holiday parties? Kate interviews manager of Lettie Gooch.
- Let’s Get Some Shoes (and Bags): Check Local Boutiques for Holidays from Laura Herman: The perfect shoes and handbag are as important to me as the actual outfit.
- New Year’s Eve Style Down to the Last Detail from Eliza French: New Year’s Eve: Dress up your outfit with distinctive jewelry, bold accessories.