Following are the top crime stories each month on Borderstan in 2011. The top story each month was the one that was read by the most readers.
Top story for the year in terms of reader views? Hands down, it was February’s top story: MPD, Feds Visit Townhouse Tavern; Arrest Made, Weapon Seized.
Also, in October Borderstan welcomed Cody Telep to the team of contributors. A resident of the U Street area, Telep writes about crime and the police, and is finishing a PhD in criminology at George Mason University.
- January: Burglaries Up Locally, Citywide in Past 60 Days
- February: MPD, Feds Visit Townhouse Tavern; Arrest Made, Weapon Seized
- March: U Street: February Crime Up From 2010
- April: 2 Men Shot Thursday Afternoon at 14th & V NW
- May: Logan Circle Smash and Grabs on the Rise
- June: Police Districts and PSAs Changing in Borderstan Area
- July: January-June: D.C. Property Crime Up 8%, Violent Crime Down 7%
- August: Robert Wone Civil Suit Settled; Swann Street House Sold Again
- September: Dupont Circle: August Crime Numbers Flat Compared to Last Year
- October: 15th Street Area Sees Rise in Car Break-Ins
- November: Thursday 5 PM Shooting, 1400 Block of R Street NW
- December: Everyone Fears Robberies: Where and How They Occur in Borderstan (from Cody Telep)