Following are the top food and drink stories each month on Borderstan in 2011. The top story each month was the one that was read by the most readers. The writer’s name is next to each story.
Top food story for the year in terms of reader views? The run-away winner was Saturday Night Sips: Fighting Hunger In DC from Alejandra Owens.
- January: Saturday Night Sips: Fighting Hunger In DC (Alejandra Owens)
- February: Meat Week: A Visit to American Ice Co. (Laura Herman)
- March: The Oven is Hot: Pizza No. 17 Open for Business (Matty Rhoades)
- April: Korean Food? Bibimbap? Try Mandu on 18th Street NW (Alejandra Owens)
- May: Peregrine Espresso to Open This Week (Luis Gomez)
- June: Restaurant Profile: El Centro DF on 14th (Alejandra Owens)
- July: Charcuterie in the Basement: Local 16 Thinks Meat, New Menu (Ashley Lusk); and Standard BBQ Delivers on Promise of Good, Cheap Eats (Alejandra Owens) There was essentially a two-way tie between these two posts.
- August: Florida Avenue Grill Serves Up Breakfast Right (Alejandra Owens)
- September: Borderstan Brunch Guide: We Polled the Team for Favorites (Laura Herman)
- October: Attention Oenophiles! DC Wine Week Events in Borderstan (Ashley Lusk)
- November: Smucker Farms of Lancaster Co. Opens Shop at 14th & W NW (Maggie Barron)
- December: Pearl Dive Oyster Palace is the Real Deal (Ashley Lusk); and Two Best Things I Ate Last Week: 1905 Edition (Alejandra Owens) There was essentially a two-way tie between these two posts.