The Logan Circle location of Artfully Chocolate (ACKC) will be closing its doors on December 31 at 1529 14th Street NW. The news came in a Wednesday-evening email from owner Eric Nelson, which is also posted on the company’s Facebook page. He emphasized that the two Alexandria locations are not affected. The Logan Circle store opened in 2008.
The email from Nelson added that while ACKC’s last day is Saturday, there will be a special post-closing sale on Thursday, January 12.
Closings and Movings on 14th Street Corridor
It has been a year of change for the 14th Street corridor beyond the new residential development and store openings. A number of long-time businesses either closed, moved or were considering it.
- Late last week the news came that Well Built Furniture would be leaving the space at 14th and Q NW — and that the owners of Standard BBQ have applied for a liquor license for an Italian restaurant.
- The owner of 1409 Playbill Cafe announced he would move to find a more affordable space.
- Garden District went out of business in May.
- El Paraiso (which has another location in Alexandria), closed its location just south of U Street. That entire block is being developed into a new residential-retail complex.
- Ruff ‘& Ready furnishings closed to make way for Taylor Gourmet, and the owner looking for a new location.
- Go mama go! closed in March.
- AYT Auto Service is closing its 14th Street location at year’s end is and relocating its training institute to Northeast in 2012.
- PULP was close to closing, but a new buyer was found at the last minute.
- Miss Pixie considered moving her store, but announced this month that she signed a new five-year lease on her space.