This Saturday, May 5, City Dogs Rescue DC is teaming up with the furniture store Room & Board for a dog adoption event. Time is 11 am to 7 pm at 1840 14th Street NW. City Dogs Rescue DC is asking for volunteers to handle dogs and to help at the information table — you can sign up online to volunteer.
City Dogs Rescue was formed in September 2011 as a volunteer-based, non-profit organization (with pending 501(c)(3) status) to rescue adoptable dogs in overcrowded and high-kill shelters where resources are severely limited. Many of the dogs that City Dogs Rescue takes in are just days and sometimes hours away from being euthanized, for no reason other than lack of space. Since September, more than 30 dogs from City Dogs Rescue have been adopted by individuals and families in the DC metro area.
How to Help
- Anyone interested in volunteering, adopting, or learning about community events can join the City Dogs Rescue mailing list by going to the organization’s website.
- Foster homes are urgently needed to enable City Dogs Rescue to accept more dogs. In you are interested, please email [email protected]
- City Dogs Rescue is looking for additional community sponsors and any interested business should [email protected]
- Make a donation.
- You can also follow City Dogs Rescue on Facebook to get more information, as well as on Twitter@CityDogsRescue and Pinterest.
- Nellie Dogs: Adopt a Dog Events at U Street Bar
- Borderstan Readers: Thanks for Helping City Dogs Rescue
- Take a Walk: City Dogs Rescue Has New Volunteer Opportunities