From Alden Leonard. Contact him at alden[AT]borderstan.com and follow him @aldenleonard on Twitter.
Ross Elementary School is offering you a chance to get a leg-up on your Mother’s and Father’s Day shopping while also helping fund a local school. Ross serves pre-K through 5th grade children at 1730 R Street NW.
During their “Buy-a-Book-for-Kids” Event this Saturday and Sunday, when you donate $25 in honor of a loved one, Ross Elementary will send the honoree a letter informing them of your gift.
Your donation will buy a new book for the school, helping keep their library and classrooms stocked and in commemoration, will include a bookplate with your name and the name of your honoree.
You have the choice of having the letter to your honoree(s) arrive in time for Mother’s Day (May 13), Father’s Day (June 17), or anytime in-between.
Look for Ross Tables on the Street
“Buy-a-Book-for-Kids” will be accepting donations at the following times and locations:
- Saturday, May 5, 9 am to 1 pm outside the Safeway at Corcoran and 17th Streets NW.
- Saturday, May 5, 2 to 6 pm outside the TD Bank at 15th and P Streets NW.
- Sunday, May 6, 9 am to 1 pm at the Dupont Farmers’ Market on 20th Street NW.
Questions? Shoot rossfundraising[AT]gmail.com an email.
- Saturday Rummage Sale, Recycling Event Brings Neighbors to Ross
- Ross PTA Auction Raises $50K for Training, Programs, Technology