The monthly meeting of the U Street Neighborhood Association is tonight, May 10, at the Third District Police Station community room at 7 pm.
On the Agenda
- DDOT will give updates on the U Street streetscape project.
- The DC Office of Planning will provide an overview of the Planned Unit Development (PUD) process.
- JBG Cos. will have updates and will describe the variances they are requesting for the project at Florida Avenue and 8th Street NW. (See Feb. 2: ANC 1B Takes Closer Look at Florida Avenue Development.)
- Hiba Abdallah will talk about a facility planned to be built at 9th and S Streets NW for people aging out of the foster care system.
- Zahir Rahimi (owner of Mila at 2015 14th Street NW) will present his case for converting his clothing store to a restaurant.
- The U Street Movie Series: Harrison Field Under the Stars. The summer schedule of outdoor films series starts May 23 with The Pelican Brief.
For more details see the agenda at U Street Neighborhood Association website.
About the U Street Neighborhood Association
The boundaries of the U Street Neighborhood Association in Northwest DC are:
- 16th Street to the West
- 8th Street to the East
- S Street to the South and
- Barry Place to Florida Avenue to W Street to the North