The 37th Annual Capital Pride Heroes Gala & Silent Auction will take place Wednesday, May 30, at Living Social’s chic downtown location (918 F Street NW).
The event, which helps kick-off the yearly Capital Pride Festival, recognizes community-nominated individuals who have helped to further the causes of the LGBT community.
A $50 ticket gets you access to an open bar, hors d’oeuvres and live entertainment throughout the gala and auction, which runs from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. Tickets to the event are limited to 200 people and can be purchased online.
Recipients of this year’s Heroes Award:
- Andrew Barnett, executive director of metro D.C.’s Sexual Minority Youth Assistance League (SMYAL).
- Eboné Bell, whose BOI Marketing & Promotions gives DC its annual Capital Queer Prom.
- Michelle Benecke, cofounder of Servicemembers Legal Defense Network.
- Kevin Paul Platte, founder of the DC Cowboys.
- Justin B. Terry-Smith, volunteer Maryland Defense Force and HIV activist.
So come on out in your best cocktail attire and support those who pave the way for pride in our community!
Borderstan.com is proud to be a Bronze sponsor and media partner with Capital Pride 2012.