Check the listings below for full details about performances at six neighborhood theaters.
Howard Theatre, 620 T Street NW
- Friday, July 20: “The New Stylistics ft. Russell Thompkins JrJohnny Clegg“
- Saturday, July 21: “E.U. (Experience Unlimited) + Whodini”
- Sunday, July 22: “Sunday Gospel Brunch featuring The Harlem Gospel Choir“
- Check the calendar for more shows.
Keegan Theatre at Church Street at 1742 Church Street NW
- “Osage County” opens August 3 through September 2: “Winner of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award. A vanished father. A pill-popping mother. Three sisters harboring shady little secrets. When the large Weston family unexpectedly reunites after Dad disappears, their Oklahoman family homestead explodes in a maelstrom of repressed truths and unsettling secrets. Mix in Violet, the drugged-up, scathingly acidic matriarch, and you’ve got a major new play that unflinchingly–and uproariously–exposes the dark side of the Midwestern American family.” (Keegan Theatre)
Lincoln Theatre at 1215 U Street NW
- View the schedule and purchase tickets online.
Source at 1835 14th Street NW
- Check the website for upcoming events.
Studio Theatre at 1501 14th Street NW
- “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson” runs through August 19: “This rowdy and irreverent musical imagines President Andrew “Old Hickory” Jackson as a rock star. American history has never been this sexy!” (Studio Theater)
Theater J at 1529 16th Street NW
- Body Awareness Opens August 25 through September 23; “A touching comedy from the Obie Award-winning author of Circle Mirror Transformation. It’s Body Awareness Week at Shirley College, and the non-traditional Vermont family members Phyllis, Joyce and their possibly autistic son Jared are rocked by a visiting photographer and his ‘male gaze.’ As sexuality, identity, role modeling and political-correctness get stirred up, the results are both touching and hilarious.” (Theater J)