This weekend is all about MidCity Dogs Days. This Saturday the 14 & U Farmers’ Market joins the celebration with live entertainment, sales, free shopping bags (courtesy of Room & Board) and fans. (You can also get more info on the market’s Facebook page.) The market is open Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
What to Expect?
Just like every Saturday, your favorite stands will be there with fresh produce, meats, baked goods and flowers.
- There will be a cooking demonstration by Ibti Vincent and Think Local First DC — with great market recipes.
- Whisked! will have a Pie Raffle with a Mixed Berry Pie, and Corn and Feta Quiche.
- Dolcezza is having a big sale on all the flavors of their gelati and sorbeti.
- Panorama will offer French breakfast pastries on sale.
- Goat Cheese? Cherry Glen’s Goat Cheese is real French style Chevre… plus Ricotta and artisanal mounds of matured brie-like cheese soft rind cheeses
- It’s tomato season (and there’s no better plan to get heirlooms.) Check out Truck Patch.
- And don’t forget the meat. There is always a great selection of pork and beef from several vendors, straight from local farms.