Stonewall Bocce is back for its third season, and registration is now open through August 22. Teams for the LGBTQ and ally community-based league meet once a week for a friendly competition, and to play for a local charity of their choice. Past beneficiaries of previous seasons include Whitman -Walker Health, The DC Center (LGBT center) and Metro Teen AIDS, among others.
The Details on Stonewall Bocce
- The league has a maximum of 18 teams (about 8 players on each team) and the teams meet Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm for a game of bocce.
- Post-game celebrations/weekly socials are held at Nellie’s Sports Bar at 9th and U Streets NW.
- The season begins September 6 and goes through November 1.
- It costs $40 to join the league during early registration (August 13-15), $45 during open registration (August 15- 20) and $50 during late registration (August 20-22).
- Skipped the bocce lesson day in high school P.E.? Don’t worry – the league hosts a Bocce 101 Clinic on Thursday, September 6 at 6 pm.